Thursday, February 5, 2015

Garden-y Crafting

One of the biggest problems for an impatient gardener is how to pass the time when you are waiting for things to grow. I decided to keep myself busy and start crafting. I'll be making a butterfly garden and I want colorful decorations around it to attract them. 

Because we have rock edging around our house (which is quite the chore if I ever want to plant there) we have tons of spare rocks. My idea was to paint them with nail polish! I won't be putting the rocks in my butterfly water source, just scattered around. 

Here, a few rocks I painted in fun designs:

I also like using rocks to put on top of the soil of potted plants to keep it cooler and to keep from drying out. This way, if you have a flowerpot that's struggling you'll still have some color!

I'm also scavenging Savers and thrift stores for materials to make a butterfly feeder/ water source. I'll definitely post on how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment